A little while back, when I was absorbing all the wellness-related info I could possibly get my hands on, I loved reading interviews with wellness experts of all kinds. And now that I have the opportunity, I want to help inspire wellness by sharing the knowledge and good advice of all kinds of health experts with you too.
First up: Cassie Mendoza-Jones. I have spent many hours trawling over Cassie's Elevate Vitality blog over the past few years and watched on as she has grown her blog and biz to share her message of Body Freedom and holistic wellbeing. I've experienced first hand this lady's well-th of knowledge (she's a kinesiologist, naturopath and nutritionist!) so I'm beyond happy to be sharing her wisdom, advice and unique approach to health with you.
1. What inspired your interest and curiosity in holistic health and wellness?
I can’t really pinpoint it, but it started when I was working as a makeup artist in the fashion and beauty industry and I had this very strong desire to help women on a deeper level – I didn’t want to just pick their lipstick colour for them, I wanted to help them heal on the every level.
2. What healing modality has had the most impact on your own health journey?
I would have to say kinesiology. It has helped me grow so much, shed old layers, and re-align myself with how I truly want to live.
It’s such a powerful way to connect with yourself on every level, let go of what is no longer serving you, and create new pathways for happiness, success, abundance… and whatever else you want to be feeling or attracting.
3. What are some of the most common concerns or issues that your clients come to you with and what does a typical consultation session with you involve?
I find each week has a theme, funnily enough. Lately it’s been clients not finding the time to look after themselves properly, even though they want to, or feeling guilty for it.
Each session will change slightly depending on what’s going on for a client but generally involves conscious goal setting, kinesiology and muscle testing to help release whatever is keeping the client stuck using a variety of tools (emotion charts, essences, herbs, meridians, acupressure points, guidance cards, colour therapy or chakra balancing) and then we may discuss if they need any herbs, nutrients or dietary support.
4. How did The Heartfelt Harmony Society come to be and what do you hope for it to bring to the world?
The Heartfelt Harmony Society came about one chilly Saturday morning when I decided to buy myself a croissant, and I didn’t feel guilty for eating it.
All of a sudden, those two words – body harmony* – landed in my mind.
The idea of the Society is to bring together women from all over the world who want to live in freedom and harmony in their bodies, minds, spirits, and lives, and offer them courses, classes and guides – as well as the power of community – to help them do just that.
Plus, it’s about more than just body harmony – it’s also about harmony in your mind and spirit, your thoughts, emotions, actions, behaviours, and in how you show up on your business and life.
It brings together elements from everything I love and do on a daily basis that have helped me and my clients live in freedom and harmony: kinesiology, naturopathy, nutritional and herbal medicines, lifestyle changes, flower and energetic essences, meditation and more.
*The name had to be changed to The Heartfelt Harmony Society and The Body Freedom Course just before the launch due to a trademarking issue, which is just as well because 'heartfelt harmony' is much more aligned.
5. Practically, what are your daily non-negotiable practices for nourishment, expression and growth?
I start every day with exercise, intention setting, clearing my desk or work space and then I always make time for a healthy breakfast. I also make time for rest and play every day – whether it’s a bath, a bit of time reading a novel or watching one of my favourite shows, or going out for lunch or dinner or coffee. It’s so important to schedule down time, especially when you’re busy.
I also love to stop what I’m doing and do a guided meditation in the middle of the day. I find it clears my mind and re-energises me so quickly.
6. Are there any wellness tools that you use on a daily basis to make living a life of harmony and freedom a little more seamless?
Yes absolutely. I love the Resonate Essences energetic essences and sprays, and I always pull guidance or oracle cards to set an intention for my day. I’m currently loving the Gaia Oracle deck and the Angels, Gods & Goddesses deck, both by Toni Carmine Salerno.
7. If you were to give just 3 tips to help people begin addressing their emotional eating what would they be?
I would say stop eating in secret, stop setting rigid restrictions and rules for yourself, and make sure to include a little healthy treat every few days so you re-set your mind around pleasure and eating.
8. Favourite word/quote/affirmation:
"Everything is perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it." – Wayne Dyer
As a kinesiologist and naturopath, Cassie Mendoza-Jones helps women upgrade their health and their life. In working with Cassie, women move into what she calls “body harmony” – a state of balance, ease and vitality.
She has been described as “… leading a revolution that has both been a long time coming and is desperately needed”.
Her lessons and insights have been featured in publications such as Body + Soul, Women’s Fitness, and Gourmet Traveller, and on popular websites such as news.com.au, Vogue.com.au and Sporteluxe. She also speaks at events and workshops around Australia.
Cassie's latest offerings:
- Cassie has a bunch of online courses and eBooks that will be launching in May so keep an eye on The Heartfelt Harmony Society to stay in-the-know.
- Bs sure to check out her brand new shop for her eBooks, meal plans, (free) webinars (watch these - they're so good!) and 1:1 sessions.
- She also has an awesome 6-week wellness eCourse, Cleansed, that I've done myself (twice) and adored. You can sign up to now*.
- You can also grab your very own FREE copy of The Heartfelt Harmony Guidebook to help spark insights and ideas that will guide you to a place where you can love your body with ease, wake up energised, put yourself first and forget overwhelm, guilt and perfection.
- And, most exciting of all, Cass is currently writing a book which will be published by Hay House next year (keep your eyes peeled and ears peaked people).
Where to find her:
I love Cassie's whole approach to health and her advice on emotional eating is game-changing. If you're curious about what working with a naturopath, nutritionist and kinesiologist involves (or just as nosey as me) then I hope you enjoyed the insights.
Share you're thoughts: do you have any wellness tools that you use daily to bring harmony and freedom into your life? Pop them in the comments!
*I'm a super proud affiliate for Cassie's Cleansed eCourse. It's brilliant. Truth.