Living inspired, well and with soul. I think that nicely sums up Kristen Graham's vibe when you visit her blog or Instagram account. I leave them uplifted, calmer and motivated to add even just a slice more of that bliss to my day. Kristen has come along way from her days of partying, chronic stress and triple fudge cookies to heal from an autoimmune disease, Myasthenia Gravis. But it's not just her story that draws in her followers. The blogosphere is a noisy place so it's always a thrill to find someone that is carving out their own space and creating a community of like-minded young women craving more pleasure, calm and wellness in their lives. Kristen has done just that.
The vibe. The story. The community. It's a killer combo. And now she is filling in some of the blanks with bold moves, clean slates and daily delights. Enjoy!
//The Big and Bountiful //
1. Share with us a short story of personal triumph (big or small) and what limiting beliefs you had to dismantle along the way.
My recent move to the Gold Coast. This dream was three and a half years in the making, consciously three and half years but I was always meant to be here.
2. What does it mean for you to live boldly from a place of love?
I am in constant dialog with myself. I've always been this way. I have counseled myself through challenges and heartbreaks for as long as I can remember. I came into this life with a great sense of self-love and being an only child, I became my own best friend early on. This doesn't mean I haven’t said awful things to myself in the mirror or wondered what was wrong with me if a boy didn't love me back.
Living boldly from a place of love means you've got your own back. It's nice to have approval, praise and someone else to believe in you, but you'll do it with or without it because your worth it. Respect that everyone is on their own journey, focus on yours.
3. What makes your heart sing and lights you up?
The ocean. Mornings at the beach. Sunsets. Hot cacao and Chai. Delicious vegan food and raw desserts.
4. What grinds your gears or ruffles your feathers? (Everyone has something – it’s a side-effect of passion)
Animal Testing. The ignorance to this in the name of beauty and fashion breaks my heart.
5. What identities have you shed recently?
I recently tore down my “about” and “work with me” pages on my blog. I didn’t save them or do a backup, just pressed delete and started again with a fresh white page. I was feeling a lot of sameness, too much formula, far too cliche and thought out. I wanted to simplify those words. Because I cannot put who I am into a 160 characters.
6. Whether overhauling your health, setting up a blog and business or moving to the Gold Coast, you have done an amazing job of committing to your dreams and taking courageous action. Where do you find the courage and motivation to take the leap and overcome the fear of change?
Uncertainty becomes wonder and fear is turned into excitement. From that space, how could you not take the leap? It's often scarier to think about what would happen if I didn't. Take the "let's just see what happens" approach. Approach life with a light heart and a playful nature.
7. What has been the most rewarding thing to come from carving your own path and taking leaps of faith?
The gratitude I feel everyday when I open my eyes from my morning meditation and see the ocean. I feel in alignment with life. Gratitude is a side effect of being in alignment with life.
And of course, the friendships and the sense of passion and purpose.
//& Other Pieces of the Puzzle //
1. Favourite quote: “I allow my day to unfold and flow as I carry peace and gratitude in my heart.” I have been using this affirmation each morning.
And one of my favourite Quotes.
“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… The ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” - Steve Jobs
2. Current fascination: Plant Medicine and Kundalini Yoga.
3. I seek nourishment by… following my intuition around my food choices.
4. I seek expression through… writing, making videos, taking photos.
5. I seek growth through… the people I meet, the experiences I have and the challenges that arise.
Kristen Graham is a Mind Body Soul Wellness Blogger, Vlogger and Meditation teacher from the Gold Coast, Australia. Relapsing from and autoimmune disease at twenty, she overhauled her diet and lifestyle and in doing so, found a holistic approach to life. through her work, Kristen inspires people to live a healthy, wholesome lifestyle and to cultivate Peace, Calm and Presence in their daily lives.
Where to find her:
I love Kristen's vibe, don't you? I'm so inspired by her decision to tear down her about page and start from scratch... something that I'll be doing this month. So, tell me, where could you use/create a clean slate and a fresh start in your life? Share in the comments.
P.S. I'm in the midst of creating some free gifts for my email subscribers (eek!) so if you want to stay in the loop and be the first to get these gifts (plus other exclusive insights) click the button below!