I have a little impromptu post for you today...
Holy Guacamole! I was nominated for a Liebster award by fellow blogger Sarah Jensen. (Hooray!)
She did a good job of summing it up as "a virtual hug, pat on the back and an 'I think you're doing great'." Which is exactly what we need from time to time. It's basically how we bloggers share a little love for each other and provides an excuse for us to ask each other a bunch of random questions. So read on if you wanna know a few titbits about me and my online home!
1. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
I was completely stumped by this one so deferred it to my best friend who chose Passionate, Enthusiastic and Positive within a matter of seconds. I'll take that. Is that cheating?!
2. What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
Study naturopathic nutrition and law at the same time, whilst setting up shop in Australia. Ambitious much?
3. What's you favourite quote and why?
Okay, that's a toughie... I have a whole notebook filled with my favourite quotes so I'll give you one that has really been somewhat of a mantra for me of late:
I'm a major worrier and I am constantly hashing over all possible scenarios in the future, which, quite frankly, is exhausting. Building trust in The Universe.
And as far as life motto goes, this Dr. Seuss quote springs to mind since I have found that contrary to conventional wisdom, you need to it believe to see it. The sceptic is rarely rewarded.
4. What's one thing you'd like to achieve in the next year?
Finish uni on a high and spend (at least) a couple of months abroad. But mostly I just want to continue to build My•Goodness•Me and grow the blog's reach. I'd also love to create a bunch of free goodies for my subscribers (I've got plans...!)
5. Night owl of early bird?
Early bird by nature, night owl by circumstance. Uni really threw my routine of being in bed by 10pm out of the window, but I hate lying in and feeling like I have wasted half the day so I'm getting back into my earl-riser habits.
6. What makes you smile?
Honestly, I have a face of stone! I can't help it - I just naturally look miserable but I'm not actually normally in a bad mood and I do smile! I'm a sucker for random acts of kindness but just seeing my friends across the street brings a grin to my face.
7. What have you achieved in your life that make you feel proud?
Oh, gosh... My immediate reaction would be academic awards but I've actually always found security in these so I'm trying to branch out a little more. To be honest, I'm just proud to have had the balls to start this blog after procrastinating over it for so long.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Australia. I've had this crazy urge to go there for the past two years. It's gonna happen. Very soon. You heard it here fist.
9. Beach or mountains?
Mountains. Everytime. The Swiss Alps during summer is my all-time favourite holiday destination. My family loves to walk so it's a natural choice to us and each time that we have been the weather has been fabulous, and there aren't nearly so many tourists as during the ski season. Plus, sand weirds me out and and I don't really tan so sunbathing on a beach seems a little pointless to me!
10. What do you love most about blogging?
The community. I've discovered and connected with some seriously inspiring and delightful souls through blogging. I have to give credit to Rach's Bright-Eyed & Blog-Hearted course for providing the most phenomenal platform for online love-soaked and fire-stoaked networking imaginable. Speaking of which I have a new interview series coming on the blog so that I can introduce my readers to these fab peeps too.
Liebster Rules of Engagement:
- Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated me (thanks Sarah!).
- Answer 10 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 inspirational bloggers for the award.
- Create 10 questions for nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
And now for my nominees: Okay, so I might be breaking one of the rules here but I'm going to nominate 5 ladies instead of 10 since so many of my faves have already answered the call of this blog hop (and I'm trying to curb my constant blog stalking a little). I've chosen 5 beautiful Brit bloggers...
My questions for the nominees are:
- One (very) random fact about yourself?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- What is your favourite book?
- What type of learner are you? (e.g. visual, auditory, kinesthetic etc.)
- What did you want to be growing up?
- What is your secret talent?
- If you could gift everyone on the planet just one thing what would it be and why?
- What has been your most courageous move/decision to date?
- What is your blogging mission statement summed up in one sentence?
- What is the most rewarding thing about blogging for you?
And that's it folks! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are feeling fresh for the week come.
P.S. Keep you eyes peeled for the How To Be A Productivity Powerhouse blog post series coming next week!
Image via OldEnglishCo